Friday, July 3, 2009

The veiw from my backdoor....

As most of you know, my posts are usually rants of driving through city traffic. I absolutely hate it. And if it wasn't for the beautiful area where I live, I'd move closer to work. But I'm not a city slicker, I'm a country gal.

And, as I sat under my grape covered pergola today, with the cat at my feet, listening to the birds chip I thought I'd give you a peek at my little slice of heaven in this world I call hell. This is what makes it all worth while. (click the pics to enlarge, and then hit your back button)

This is the view from my back door. I've always loved grape vines, and now I have my own.
---

A peek under my pergola.
---

My coffee cup from my dad. We live in Wisconsin. He was supposed to go to Florida on vacation, but instead he got to have quadruple bypass surgery. Yet he still managed to get me my coffee cup. We're both fanatics about our coffee :)
---

This is supposed to be where the pool goes. However, hubby's hours were cut at work, and our last pool finally blew it's last leak. I still have hope for a new pool, though. Weeds are going today, and the tarp is going back down.
---

Our backyard, garden and field.
---

Behind the house. The old chicken coup will someday be torn down and my new studio will be there. I had a hard time saying goodbye to the daisies. But today they will be mowed down :(
---

Past the yard, into one of our fields.
---

Beyond the garden. That huge tree to the right is my beautiful willow. It basically blocks out all light, as you can see. But it's gorgeous.
---

I love bugs! Seriously, what a cute butterfly ;)

---

2 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Looks beautiful :) I'm jealous!

Snowbrush said...

It's good that trees grow fast as it looks like the last owners were either farmers or simply cut every tree that got big enough to make a dollar from. Oh, but there's magic in watching it all come back with the different little transitional undergrowth plants that change as the amount of shade changes. I'm sorry you're having to wait on getting a pool, and sorry you have far to drive. I was a country boy for my first 37 years but have been happily in the city ever since. I still love to go to the woods though, and here in Oregon they're easy to get to.